Sunday, June 22, 2008

♫ Daddy's are so special...♫



So I know that this is a bit late but better late than never right?!

Some things I LOVE about my dad:

  • When I was younger (and still today on occasion) he would take me on daddy daughter dates which really meant a lot to me because it made me feel important.
  • Every year on my birthday he would take me out. He did that for all the kids. :)
  • Every year he takes us on vacation! Woohoo :)
  • He has made scripture reading and family prayer an important part of our family and it has become an important part of my family now because of it.
  • He has always been so playful! He would wrestle with us, tickle us, and play any kind of game outside that we wanted.
  • He knows everything!
  • He was an amazing Bishop and is doing fantastic in the stake presidency.
  • He loves to work with the youth in the church and they love him.
  • He is hard working and always fulfilling a to-do list for someone.
  • Recently (and I have yet to post it on here...no worries though, I will post it eventually) my dad took some time out of his busy schedule to help me with a project for Shanna's room. We spent 2 Saturdays making a toy shelf for Shanna's bazillion toys.
  • He is a handy man, and he does most of his own work. For example, he remodeled most of our house. He built the fireplace and designed a countertop for the upstairs bathroom.
My dad is the man :) He has been a friend, a father, and a wonderful grandfather over the years. Fathers are so wonderful. Sometimes I feel like they aren't recognized enough for all the hard work they do providing for the family and all that they do around the house as well as. So here is a shout out for a wonderful father who is constantly striving to make our family what it is!! I love you daddy! Happy Fathers Day...

4 comments:

Ali said...

What a sweet tribute for you Dad :)I think your Dad's way cool too- That's a picture of you and him, right? ...or is it him and Shanna?? SO cute.

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Hey Ali! Yeah its actually Shanna and him about 4 or 5 months ago...:)

Kaela said...

I too think your dad is amazing! Looks like he is an amazing grandpa too, as would only be suspected I suppose:)

Beth said...

Your Dad is so awesome Carrissa and while I'm at it, so is your Mom!!! What a sweet post!