Saturday, April 26, 2008

How to:

How to make a flower clip:
So a good friend of mine introduced me to this fabulous idea of making hair clips. Shanna has tons of hair and so when she showed me a couple of hair clips she had made for her girls I thought, what an awesome idea! They are quick and easy and very fun. First off (below) is some of my collection. I bought some of the flowers and ribbon at JoAnns. I also purchased some of my ribbon collection (not all shown in the picture, however) at Michaels. I bought some of my buttons and the remainder of my flower collection at a fantastic store in which I was recently introduced to called Ben Franklins, I highly recommend it for those of you who are not familiar with the store, unless of course temptation to buy EVERYTHING is too much for you then by all means steer clear!


You start with a metal clip that can be purchased at a beauty supply store.


Cut and measure the ribbon to fit your clip, glue the ribbon to the clip starting on the bottom near the hinge and ending on the underside of the top near the hinge. This should leave most of the bottom section of the clip without ribbon. (see top left hand picture below)



Glue or place the desired centerpiece on the flower of your choice and then glue the flower to the clip.
I use brads, buttons, and occasionally I mess around with the ribbon to make it into a bow rather than using a flower. Or you can even just go easier with nothing, leaving it plain.


Finally the finished product is placed in hair like so (above) .



These are some of the flowers and bows I have made recently. Its so fun to have amazingly creative friends who enjoy sharing (as well as allowing me to share) their talents!!

7 comments:

Kaela said...

These are adorable!! I want a little girl so I can make these and use them. These would be fun to make for gifts too. Thanks for sharing this oh-so-cute craft!

*b said...

super cute post!!!

*brittany

Kadie said...

Oh my goodness, I don't think I could make them that cute even if I tried! You are so craft-saavy!

Ali said...

Way to go! That is a lot of bows! Good thing, cause with my experience in nursery, little girls tend to lose them often :) Those are so so cute. I have on my to-do list a project semi-similar to this as a gift for someone. I hope it's just as successful! You are one crafty woman!

MariePhotographie said...

Carrissa! These are awesome! I can't wait to make some. :)I'm always looking for something cute for Isabella's hair.

Summer said...

those are so cute!

Holly said...

Those are really cute! What a good idea. I like that picture with the circle and arrow. She just has the cutest smile!