Saturday, May 31, 2008

In memory...

A few years ago a good friend of mine died in a car accident on his way to graduation. It was really hard for all of his friends that he left behind. But we know that he is doing great things on the other side! He and I were on the same cross country team together and since that was one of his favorite things to do, yep some of us really do like to just run (for fun even!) :), his siblings have put together (this year was the 2nd annual run so far) whats called a Brad-K Fun Run! We run 3.2 miles (5K) in memory of him. Since I couldn't make it to Port Orchard to run with everyone there, I had my Brad-K shirt sent to me and my sister and I ran our own little 5K. Below are pictures of us running, Shanna even finished the run with us :) and the map of where we ran. Go here for more info on the actual Brad-K run!










6 comments:

Ali said...

That is a sweet tribute and way to remember...keeps you fit too :) I bet he loves it that everyone does that in memory!

Summer said...

That's neat that there is an organized run in his memory. I liked cross country too. I can't run much now without my knees hurting though. That's why I took up biking.
Shanna looks so cute!

Kaela said...

Very cool. What a great way to pay tribute and very cool of you to do it on your own when you weren't able to make it to the actual even. Great pictures!!

MariePhotographie said...

I didn't know you liked to run! That's cool! I used to run a lot, but my knees have started giving me trouble. :( I miss it. Awesome way to pay tribute to your friend!

Beth said...

Way to go Carrissa!!!! And what an awesome way to remember Brad!

Holly said...

That's neat that you could go on that run. I would like to walk that. Well, I would actually like to run it, but my knees have some problems, so I would just speed walk. Oh, I was just reading the other comments people left and I am noticing a big theme of sore knees. I hope your knees don't get sore too!