Friday, September 19, 2008

What can I say?


Hello all! We have been busy, busy since June 14th when we moved back in with my parents after Eric got a new job in Poulsbo! Shortly after vacation, as some of you may know (and even after we were packed and on our way to moving in with my parents), my mom hit a rock while riding a 4-wheeler and crushed the plateau of her Tibial bone. She is now Bionic woman.



This is her right leg, as you can see she has a plate and 7 screws. She can now proudly say as she walks through the metal detectors at the airport, "I carry my weapon on the inside, under my skin!" I am just kidding, we love giving her a hard time. It has now been 10 weeks since her surgery and she is up and walking despite the futile atempts at making her stay in bed. However, the process has been long and she tends to get discouraged about her range of motion not being what it should be. All the while Eric, Shanna and I have been staying and helping out as best we can. While staying here we have been searching for a house. We recently made an offer that was accepted and now we are dealing with loans and appraisals and everything else that goes along with buying a house! I had no idea that buying a house was such an ordeal!! We have been most grateful for the time spent here and have loved being a part of everything. So, needless to say, the reason for my almost nothing posts, is all of the above! Stay tuned for updates and some pictures on whether or not we get the house! I also spent time this morning writing some of Shanna's most frequent sayings. Look to the right below Shanna--Wild one. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad to hear that your mom is recovering...that's great!

Looking forward to pictures of the house and family!

Ali said...

Oh wow, are those her actual x-rays? Your poor Mom!! I'm sorry to hear that...Good luck in the house shopping process- wow, big ordeal!!

Kathleen Allison said...

Every time I see that x-ray I want to hurl!
Can't wait to see pix of the house!! Love ya

Holly said...

I'm sorry for your mom. I'm glad to hear at least that she can get up and walk around now. That must be frustrating to get slowed down like that. I can't imagine your mom ever laying around wasting time--which is what it feels like when you're waiting for your body to heal.

Kaela said...

Holy cow- that is some serious hardware in there! I hope everything heals well for her. That is no fun!! Congrats on being in the housing market- I hope all goes well and you get into a home soon!!

MariePhotographie said...

I keep meaning to ask how your mom is doing lately. I can't believe that picture of her leg. That's great that she's starting to get around again.

Ashley said...

Hey! Good to hear that you're Mom is okay! And that you're back on this side of the water! We should get together one of these days!

Check out my new project http://babyproducts411.blogspot.com/

Granma Faye said...

Good grief! What a traumatic injury! That x-ray is really interesting. I'm so glad we live in this age of modern medicine and technology. An injury like this 100 years ago would have probably meant amputation. It was good to see your mom walking at the women's conference last week. I'm glad you could live at home to help out but I know you'll love getting into a home of your own. Good luck on that. ♥