Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby Arrives!

Yay! Little Lindey Dawn is here! She arrived yesterday (Monday) at 4:09 pm. She weighed in at 6lbs 90z. She is 19 inches long and has tons and tons of dark hair! I arrived at the hospital at 11 am to be induced and they started me on pitocin at 12:40ish. My water was broken at 2 or 2:30ish and I had my epidural at 3. At that time I was dialated to a 3. A half an hour later I was dialated to an 8!! I was SO not prepared for that...Shanna took 13 hours! And then 5 minutes after that I was a 10 and the doctor had to run down the hall to get there in time to have me push 4 times and out she came! Recovery is defintiely going to be a ton easier this time and I am grateful for that! Everything is looking fabulous and we are very excited to welcome our new addition to the family. Tell you more about how Shanna is adjusting in later posts! Meanwhile, here are a few pics from yesterday!







Lindey's first bath.

14 comments:

Kadie said...

Carrissa and Eric! We are so happy for you! I love the name Lindey. I think it is so cute! Can't wait to hear how Shanna is adjusting. :) And I hope my second birthing experience goes just as well! Happy recovering and congratulations!

Ali said...

Wow, great job Carrissa! I hope all goes well with the new adjustments...have FUN :) and congrats!!

Unknown said...

she is beautiful, congrats!

MariePhotographie said...

Woooohoo! Congrats to you all! She is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. ♥

Jessica :) said...

So fun! We are so happy for you! I'm glad this delivery was easier than Shanna's and that everything went well. Hopefully Shanna adjusts to this new change alright and quickly! She's a beautiful baby and I can't wait to see lots more pics and updates! ;) Good luck!

Annaliese said...

Congrats! I'm glad it went fast! Can't wait to meet her:)

Erich and Tanis said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Sarah and Scott said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys!

April and Jason said...

wow...that is amazing! Three hours! Can't wait to see more pics! Congrats! She is a doll!

Anonymous said...

maybe you should do a profile of lindey

Holly said...

How wonderful! I'm glad it went better this time and you can recover quickly. I hope I have a 6 pound baby that comes that fast. (I'm a little worried about having a 10 pound 12 ounce baby like my sister did...) That's such a cute name too. I love those two names: Shanna and Lindey. Cute!

Wendy Jean said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting to add a new baby to the family. What a sweet and special time. I hope the transitions go smoothly for everyone.

Summer said...

Lindy is such a cute name! I love that. Congratulations you two. Glad all is well and that recovery will be faster. that wil be so nice.

Ethatch said...

Congratulations! She's a cutie...I love the picture of Grandpa Ken with the two girls.